Educational accreditation is a quality assessment process for Institutes, Universities, and Colleges at the institutional and programmatic level.
At the institutional level, accreditation aims to ensure that the organization operates following the law, has the capacity to issue degrees, operates under the laws and education operation governing law of the host country, ensuring capacity to protect the interests of learners, meeting facilities, teaching and learning conditions, safety for learners as well as conditions related to teaching, learning and licensing.
Accreditation at the programmatic level ensures the program meets quality standards, ensures learners’ achieving learning outcomes, ensures the teacher’s quality, ensures quality in the teaching process, formulate, evaluate and recognize results. Programs that pass programmatic level accreditation will be recognized in the labor market, able to transition learning, and cross-accredited training results by other peer education institutions.
An unqualified educational institution will not guarantee the learner’s qualifications and training competencies and cannot determine that institution’s reputation.
Level UK is a collaborative system between the London Academy of Sciences (LAS) and the Swiss Institute of Management and Innovation (SIMI). Our programs is lead to RQF National qualification from accredited and recogized Awarding Bodies.
All Level UK programs are compatible with the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF), recognized by Ofqual UK, compatible with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF), Australia Qualification Framework (AQF), African Continental Qualifications Framework (ACQF), and National Qualification Framework (NQF).
Level UK is a joint system between the London Academy of Sciences and the Swiss Institute of Management and Innovation. Level UK owns both LAS and SIMI’s institutional accreditation systems.
Accreditation at institutional level includes:
- The London Academy of Sciences (LAS) is a legally registered entity in London, UK, with the registration code from Intermediate to Doctorate training of 12965347.
- LAS is given a UKRLP (UK Register of Learning Providers) code number of 10087255.
- LAS has been approved to join the Skill Funding Agency system of the British Government.
- The Swiss Institute of Management & Innovation (SIMI) is a graduate and post-graduate training organization registered in Zug Canton, Switzerland, under license number CHE-258.08.017
- The Swiss Institute of Management & Innovation (SIMI) achieved the Premier status accreditation from ASIC.
Programmatic accreditation is an accreditation that is specific to the program within the organization. Usually, to gain program-level accreditation, the organization must be legitimate and accredited at the institutional level.
Level UK programs are recognized by the UK’s national qualifications Awarding Bodies. All our programs are accredited and recognized by Ofqual UK
Due to its rigorous, comprehensive, and compatibility with the world’s Levels accreditation systems, our qualifications are recognized and can be transferred to other education systems or pathway studies.
Together with the Ofqual recognized Awarding Bodies, Level UK cooperates closely with partners who are prestigious and accredited institutions and universities in the UK and around the world. With this partnership, Level UK learners can earn a dual degree, transfer to partner programs, or recognize cross results.
Partners will evaluate the our programs, recognize the training results and simultaneously issue their degree after the learner completes the Level UK program.
- Diploma are fully recognized in the academic and labor market.
- Accumulate academic results simultaneously with a variety of options so learners can transfer, progress, or get more degrees from a partner.
- Flexibility in choosing where and how to learn
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- International accreditation with NQF (National Qualification Framework) equivalent qualifications recognition system
- Ensuring properly evaluate candidates as the program meets the industry’s overall standards of competency.
- Easily determine the competency level when recruiting with the Level-based degree system. Currently, in Europe, all recruitment forms and job applications must convert qualifications into Levels for employers and candidates to easily understand.
- Ensuring that candidates can work right away without retrain because the RQF-based training system is practical, focusing on the ability to work in the corporate environment.
- Ensuring the right recruitment of people, right positions by qualifications according to Level (recognized for each training period), clearly stating the knowledge, competence, and level that have been trained.
According to the UK’s national qualifications system, the Level UK training system is accredited by Ofqual, compatible with the British framework RQF (Regulated Qualification Framework). The RQF is compatible with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF), recognized throughout Europe and countries where the Qualifications Framework is transformed or compatible with EQF.
- Step 1: Enter the qualification comparison portal between European countries: https://ec.europa.eu/ploteus/en/compare
- Step 2: Select UK – England & Northern Ireland
- Step 3: Select 1 country you want to compare.
- Step 4: [Compare selected countries] will appear comparison between the levels accredited by Ofqual with other qualifications of European countries.
Example: The results of the comparison between UK Levels with France:
With this comparison table, you will find that the accreditation standard at the Level UK (accredited by Ofqual) will be equivalent to the French degree system. For example, Level 8 is Doctoral, Level 7 is Master, and Level 6 is Bachelor.
You can compare sequentially with countries: Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway …
About UK NARIC (National Recognition Information Center)
UK NARIC is a UK government unit responsible for providing information and recommendations on higher education and practical training for countries and territories. As a government agency, managed by the UK government, under the Department for Education (DfE) of the UK, NARIC provides unified information about international education and systems outside the UK (in case learners with foreign degrees want to work-study in the UK).
UK NARIC is part of the NARIC system, originally established by the European Commission (EC) in 1984. The network was created to increase the recognition of equivalent diplomas among EU members, European Economic Area (EEA) countries, and coordination with Central and Eastern European countries, including Cyprus.
NARIC’s Diplomas accreditation system:
The structure, purpose, and training results of the international qualifications system are particularly diverse, so it is impossible to use a single method for assessment. The optimal approach that the UK NARIC uses is to focus on the comparative factors. Only when the UK NARIC determines that a qualification is equivalent in the UK does the UK NARIC begin to determine whether that qualification corresponds to any qualification in the UK system. Equivalent accreditation is both Level and Type recognition and must be done according to the UK NARIC Band Framework issued by NARIC.
UK NARIC Band Framework © is a hierarchical training level rating system, with equal recognition based on outcomes with 16 Bands, is designed to help optimize the degree comparison process while ensuring objectivity and equivalent qualification through the comparison process.
For each Band, the UK Naric Band Framework system also references some of the qualifications that exist in the UK and also the established standard framework for that type of qualification.
With the above point of view, with the legitimacy of information, UK NARIC’s qualification classification system is considered an accreditation system equivalent to an international qualification. Through this system, learners with foreign degrees can study and work in the UK using this system as an equivalent accreditation platform.
Level UK is the UK national qualifications system, accredited by Ofqual UK, so you can use the UK NARIC Band Framework to study and work in countries outside the UK, belongs to EU, EEC, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, and Cyprus.
UK NARIC Band Framework ©:
RQF Level 3 compatible with:
- According to the practical training system:: SCQF Level 6-7 / CQFW Level 3
- According to the academic training system: Overall standard of GCE Advanced / Scottish Advanced Higher / Scottish Baccalaureate / Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate
RQF Level 4 compatible with:
- According to the practical training system: SCQF Level 7 / CQFW Level 4
- According to the academic training system: Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE)
RQF Level 5 compatible with:
- According to the practical training system: SCQF Level 8 / CQFW Level 5 / Foundation degree / SQA Higher National Diploma (HND)
- According to the academic training system: Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
RQF Level 6 compatible with:
- Theo hệ thống đào tạo thực hành: SCQF Level 9 / CQFW Level 6
- Theo hệ thống đào tạo học thuật (Academic) Bachelor (Ordinary) degree / Bachelor (Honours) degree
RQF Level 7 compatible with:
- According to the practical training system: SCQF Level 11 / CQFW Level 7
- According to the academic training system: Master’s degree / Integrated Master’s degree (e.g. MEng, MChem, MPhys, MPharm) / Primary (or first) qualifications in medicine, (e.g. BM BS), dentistry (e.g. BDS) and veterinary science (e.g. BVSc) / Postgraduate Diploma / Master of Philosophy degree (MPhil) / Master of Research (MRes)
RQF Level 8 compatible with:
- According to the practical training system: SCQF Level 12 / CQFW Level 8
- According to the academic training system: Doctor of Philosophy degree (PhD) / Professional Doctorate (e.g. EdD, DClinPsy, DBA)
In Australia, when in the face of Australian citizens who move to other countries to study and work, and there is also a wave of foreign citizens coming to Australia to work and settle, Australia has also built its own Level system, called AQF (Australian Qualification Framework).
Unlike Europe and Asia, the AQF system is built on 10 Level standards. Although there is a difference in the number of Levels, there is a conversion equivalent to the European 8 Level system.
Below is a ranking of equivalent levels of Europe and Australia. For the European system, including the UK, Level 8 is Doctor, Level 7 is a Master, while in Australia, Doctor is Level 10, and Master is Level 9.
Refer to the AQF system documentation and the correlation between AQF and EQF (Europe) and the UK HERE
In Asia, the ASEAN community has also built a common ASEAN Quality Assurance Network according to 8 levels similar to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). This system is fully compatible with Europe, Australia, and Africa’s system and has mutual recognition between the countries’ qualifications.
ASEAN 8 Level System:
Currently, Malaysia and Singapore have completely applied this system. The rest of the ASEAN countries are in the stage of implementation.
The building of a common Asian framework according to 8 Levels helps a degree in a country be recognized immediately upon entering the foreign labor market. Besides, due to the compatibility of the Asian framework with European, Australian frameworks … the orientation of learning by Level from the beginning helps students receive, recognize, and keep the salary level when the labor market has no borders.