OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in AccountancyFoundation III certificate and entrance to world universities
The goal of the OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Accountancy is to provide learners with the most basic knowledge of accounting according to international accounting standards.
The program is designed specifically for those who want to enter the world’s prestigious universities specialized in accounting or want to work as an accounting apprentice in businesses.
OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Accountancy, respectively, and replacements for GCE AS / A Levels / O Levels / T Levels.
|Ofqual inspection code||603/3811/8|
|Level UK regulation framework||RQF|
|Minimum training time||6 months|
|Total credits||60 Credits|
|Total learning time||600 Hours|
|Total time spent with instructors||360 Hours|
|Training unit||Accredited and licensed by the Level UK|
|Examination unit||Level UK|
|Licensing unit||OTHM UK|
Ofqual inspection code: 603/3811/8
Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies consists of 3 mandatory Modules for a combined total of 60 credits, 600 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT), and 360 hours Guided Learning Hours (GLH).
- Recording Financial Transactions (20 credits)
- Management Information (20 credits)
- Maintaining Financial Records (20 credits)
Duration and Delivery:
The program is designed for full-time learning, online or Hybrid learning in 6 months. In Vietnam, MBA Institute is the exclusive partner of the London Academy of Sciences (which owns the Level UK) that deploys academic support and program examining.
Assessment and verification
All subjects of the Level UK program are evaluated by the London Academy of Sciences, the accreditation system and its partners are OTHM UK. Learners must demonstrate mastery of knowledge and attain the competencies detailed in the program Syllabus.
- Learners must be 16 years or older.
- Graduated from secondary school.
- English exemption if study in English teaching school.
- The London Academy of Sciences (which owns Level UK) reserves the right of admission decision based on the accrediting unit’s requirements and LAS’s global admission target.
- English reached a minimum of CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference) level B2 or equivalent.
- IELTS 5.5; Speaking and writing must reach 5.5 or equivalent.
- In the absence of an English certificate, the London Academy of Sciences and its exclusive partner in Vietnam (MBA Institute) will conduct an internal English test and examine each candidate.
Programs achieve comprehensive recognition at both Institution and Program level. After graduation, learners will be received UK National Diploma, according to the regulatory framework accredited and recognized by Ofqual UK.
Because the program and qualifications are closely verified by reputable accrediting organizations, UK examination organizations…so after graduation, learners are confident to participate in the labor market or easily transfer to reputable and equivalent education systems.
Diplomas are offered from Level UK programs within the UK’s national qualifications system, recognized not only by the UK government but also globally.
The table below describes the equivalence of the Level 3 UK Diploma qualifications systems and the world’s Levels education system.
|Level||Regulation framework||Equivalent degrees|
|3||Level UK (RQF)||A level
access to higher education diploma
international Baccalaureate diploma
level 3 diploma
level 3 ESOL
level 3 national certificate
level 3 national diploma
level 3 NVQ
music grades 6, 7 and 8
|6||Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)||Higher, Awards, Skills for Work Higher
Modern Apprenticeship Foundation Apprenticeship SVQ
|N/A||Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ)||N/A|
|4||European Qualifications Framework (EQF)||Level 4 Vocational Qualifications
Higher National Certificate (HNC)
|4||Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)||Certificate IV|
|5||African Continental Qualification Framework (ACQF)||National Certificates
(Further Education and Training)
|3||ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF)||National Certificates|
|3||Vietnam Qualification Framework (VQF)||Beginner Certificate Level 3|
After completing UK Level 3 Diploma, learners can learn Level 4 or transfer to other educational systems. The following table shows the development roadmap after completing the program:
|Level||Regulation framework||Equivalent Degrees|
|4||Level UK (RQF)||higher apprenticeship
higher national certificate (HNC)
level 4 diploma
level 4 NVQ
|7||Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)||Advanced Higher
Higher National Certificates
Certificate of Higher Education
Professional Development Awards
|Year 1 of a 3-year university||Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ)||Confirmation of year 1 in College
Certificate of higher education (CertHE)
|5||European Qualifications Framework (EQF)||Level 4 Vocational Qualifications
Higher National Certificate (HNC)
|5||Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)||Diploma|
|5||African Continental Qualification Framework (ACQF)||Higher Certificates
(Higher Education and Training)
|4||ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF)||Level 4 Vocational Qualifications
Higher National Certificate (HNC)
|4||Vietnam Qualification Framework (VQF)||Intermediate degree|
Besides the transition system as mentioned above, according to National Qualification Framework and National Diploma systems, OTHM has partnered directly with some accredited training Institute and University to facilitate learner transition, receiving a dual degree or pathway study.
Note: OTHM graduator meets the requirement to enter universities where OTHM has direct cooperation. However, the university’s profile is considered individually and may add several input conditions depending on each school and each specific case.
List of possible universities to transfer from OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Accountancy:
- All undergraduate course within the Swiss Institute of Management and Innovation, Zug Switzerland.
- All undergraduate courses within the Faculty of Business, Law and Tourism at University of Sunderland
- Bachelor of Accounting at Charles Sturt University
- Bachelor of Business (Finance) at Charles Sturt University
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) at Charles Sturt University
- Bachelor of Business (Management) at Charles Sturt University
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) at Charles Sturt University
- Bachelor of Business Studies at Charles Sturt University
- BSc (Hons) Business and Healthcare Management at Anglia Ruskin University
- BSc (Hons) Business and Hospitality Management at Anglia Ruskin University
- BSc (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management at Anglia Ruskin University
- BSc (Hons) Business and Law at Anglia Ruskin University
- BSc (Hons) Business and Marketing at Anglia Ruskin University
- BSc (Hons) Business and Tourism at Anglia Ruskin University
- BSc (Hons) Finance and Accounting at Anglia Ruskin University
- BSc (Hons) International Business Management at Anglia Ruskin University
- BSc (Hons) Law and Accounting at Anglia Ruskin University
- LLB (Hons) Law at Anglia Ruskin University